Saturday, May 15, 2010

Georgia O'Keeffe ~ Creativity is Birth


'When women feel strongly, they feel through the womb. They paint through the womb. Her art is gloriously female, there is no stroke laid by her brush that is not ultimately feminine, that's not curiously, arrestingly feminine. The essence of the very woman is in every stroke she makes, every colour she chooses.' Excerpt from Georgia O'Keeffe ~ the film.

One of the most significant artists of the 20th century, Georgia O’Keeffe (1887-1986) was devoted to creating imagery that expressed what she called 'the wideness and wonder of the world as I live in it.'

I love the synchronicity of this idea for me right now. Creativity IS birth. I'm exploring how my capacity to feel is widening, my womb is healing. I'm discovering the significance of being born a woman - with a womb - how the very place I have manifested my dis-ease may be reborn as the place through which I can express and own my creative voice. The place I can feel, the place I can heal, the place from which I can create and find my purpose. Very powerful and integral to my healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment