Friday, June 25, 2010

The Act of Blessing


'The thing about the act of blessing is that the world doesn’t change; it’s only we who change! In our willingness to acknowledge and release whatever it is that has hurt us, the world looks different and we become stronger, healthier people.' ~ Secrets of the Lost Mode of Prayer by Gregg Braden.

If we can find the strength to bless the very things that hurt us, we have found one of the keys to changing ourselves and our lives. The way we experience this change is magical. I've found in my healing journey that as I grow my emotional capacity and am learning how to forgive myself and others and release my pain, everything around me seems somehow different. Things become easier, people become nicer, I get green lights and find parking spaces, everything is more peaceful, more meaningful and more beautiful. It's an energy shift that takes place within us as we feel, forgive, love, bless, release, and heal. It is our transforming selves that are reflected back at us as our experience in the world. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment