Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reflections


'To realise your true nature, you must wait for the right moment and the right conditions. When the time comes, you are awakened as if from a dream. You understand that what you have found is your own and doesn't come from anywhere outside.' ~ Buddhist Sutra

I'm learning to accept my reflection in the mirror. Love who I see and be encouraged by what I see. Photographs of ourselves are like mirrors, to see ourselves as the world sees us. This can amuse us, hurt us, embarrass us and astound us. I have a new way of seeing. My perception of myself is transforming as I am transforming. I can see things about myself that I've never seen before. I can see the emergence of my femininity. I'm faced with the power of my own beauty, in this delicate space of metamorphosis and uncertainty, at this age, in this body. For the first time in this process, I feel that my inside has begun to reflect my outside, my inner realm of healing and transformation is now reflected outwardly. I glow, I have a light in my eyes, I have a lightness of spirit, I am happier within myself. I am opening, I am learning how to lead my life with my heart. Reflected back at me is my resilience, tenacity and commitment to myself, all the physical proof of my journey so far. I see my own true nature. I love witnessing the emergence my beautiful, authentic Self. A blossoming. It's time to BE who I am, to OWN who I am, to LOVE who I am, to SHARE who I am and realise that who I truly am is who I always have been and who I was meant to be. Now that's something to smile at the camera about!

No comments:

Post a Comment