Sunday, November 28, 2010

Grateful, Grateful


'Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.'
~ Lionel Hampton


'I have noticed that the Universe loves gratitude. The more grateful you are, the more goodies you get. When I say ‘goodies,’ I don’t mean only material things. I mean all the people, places, and experiences that make life so wonderfully worth living.' ~ Louise L. Hay


I am grateful for the angels in my life and for the angels on their way into my life, for this feeling of my heart opening. I am grateful for my ability to care for and nurture myself, to feed my body, to feed my soul. I am grateful for my tenacity to see things through and for the emergence of a new patience and a new ability to forgive myself when I delay my progress in some areas. I am grateful for my improved health and well-being and my unshakable belief in this journey - this seeking, this breaking open, these realisations, for making peace with my darkness, for evolution of mind, body and soul, for agony and elation, for transformation at every level. I am grateful for this newness and strangeness and for acceptance. For perspiration and heartbeats and the crunch of fresh sprouts on my salad today. For red nail enamel and sweet papaya and fragrant earl grey tea. For thunder storms and birdsong. For Indian incense and 70% cocoa dark chocolate. For my whole life, exactly where I am. For everything. Grateful, grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment