Monday, November 1, 2010

Sail Free


'On a day when the wind is perfect, the sail just needs to open and the love starts. Today is such a day.' ~ Rumi

An emotional weekend for me, seeing my little brother move into his own home. It's an exercise in letting go, this untying of the strings that bind us to one another, the responsibility I feel to protect him and to help him through these changes, my maternal instincts I get to practice with him. I feel that this step he's made will be such a growth for him in so many ways. It still tugs at my heart to see him go out completely on his own and assert his independence. I miss my Mom at times like these ~ her calming presence, her leadership, someone for me to lean on. Sail free, little Bean, I'm cheering from the sidelines, I'll always be here for you if you need me. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment