Monday, December 6, 2010

Body Consciousness


'Every man is the builder of a temple, called his body, to the god he worships, after a style purely his own. We are all sculptors and painters and our material is our own flesh and blood and bones.'
~ Henry David Thoreau

'Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.' ~ Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

My spiritual practice teaches that we are not our bodies - that this outer flesh casing is merely a vehicle for us to function in the world of form. My physical body doesn't define me anymore but I can use my connection with my body to live deeper in each moment, to enrich my life experience. My body is a pathway for me to go deeper, to find a way to my Source - to unbounded Consciousness, Oneness, to everything and nothing - the deepest me.

As I deepen my body/mind connection, I'm getting in touch with my body, practicing body consciousness. I'm listening to it, staying present with it. I still my mind and body through restful awareness and meditation. Keep my system balanced, watch for signs of imbalance, then ground it. I nourish it with wholesome, natural foods. My body is healing and I celebrate this. I am in love with my body. THIS body, not my past or future bodies, this body. At this size, in the shape it's in, because it's my journey, because it's my temple, because it's mine. I admire it, touch it, luxuriate it, love it, accept it, live in it happily, embrace it, marvel at it, feed it, celebrate it, indulge it, move it ~ like a precious baby - I clean it, I feed it, I rest it, I love it: I C~A~R~E for my body.

I see my body differently now, I feel differently about it. I am so grateful for the positive physical effects that surrendering to Life and fully embracing my authentic Self has had on my body. I now reflect my purest essence in each moment with grace and ease in the world of form. As I heal, I am returning to wholeness.

This body has given me so much. I am alive because this body works. Thank you, body! For daily miracles and for responding so beautifully to my inner transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment