Monday, December 20, 2010

Martinis for One


'Relationships are all there is. Everything in the Universe only exists because it is in relationship to everything else. Nothing exists in isolation. We have to stop pretending we are individuals that can go it alone.'
~ Margaret J. Wheatley


Every relationship I have in my life is a part of the beautiful dance of connection and Oneness that is the Universe. I am grateful for family, friends and acquaintances. For relationships that I have released with love, for those who have left me. For those who have re-entered my life, those I attracted to myself as my healing journey dawned. For new connections I am making everyday. This healing journey is primarily all about my relationship with myself, my most important relationship.

Our whole lives are relationships. With ourselves, with other precious souls, with Earth and her sentient Beings, with our perceived realities. At this junction, I can admit that going it alone is getting slightly old. The concept of isolation is an illusion. As is the concept of complete independence.

No more hypothetical martinis for one. I am opening my heart to new possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment