Monday, January 10, 2011

Message of Reassurance


Last week, when my dear friend Michelle was in my city, she visited me for tea and brought some beautiful, thoughtful gifts along for me. One of the gifts was a gorgeous, large Chinese fan with an authentic Chinese painting of a red bird on it. Mich knows I love all forms of Chinoiserie! The symbolism of this gift goes much, much deeper though ~ from soul to soul.

She told me she was drawn to this fan because of the red bird. I KNOW there is a spiritual connection that draws us to certain things. I was intrigued to find out more about the meaning of this animal totem and what the spiritual significance of a red bird could be in my life. Upon her return to her home, we did some long-distance research over the phone and discovered the red bird is in fact a red cardinal ~ a highly symbolic animal totem.

The cardinal, a red finch, reminds us to hold ourselves with pride, he asks us to step into our natural confidence with grace and humility. The red cardinal represents renewed vitality through recognising our personal power. He offers safe passage into this realm of harnessing our personal power. Balancing our feminine energies (linked to intuition) with our masculine energies (associated with perseverance and strength) are necessary to attain our personal power in order to make our dreams manifest.

The red cardinal represents passion, vibrancy and warmth, adding a splash of energetic colour to our Beings! The cardinal’s red feathers represent blood and the life force called Kundalini, within the Yoga discipline, situated at the root chakra, which is located at the base of the spine. This chakra represents our foundation and is related to survival issues such as financial independence, money and food, our grounding, endurance, safety, the physical body and health.

Aah! Talk about shedding some bright light on my healing journey! Plenty of what I'm working on right now, at the beginning of 2011, is intricately woven into me fully understanding, accepting and embracing my personal power in order to take action and manifest the changes I desire in my life. I am constantly working on chakra healing and balancing. I put a lot of awareness onto my root chakra, how I can feel safe while harnessing my personal power ~ such a key energy centre for me! The balancing of masculine and feminine energies underpins so much of my physical, emotional and spiritual healing work! My femininity has blossomed, now I am working on reintroducing my masculine energies, balancing 'being' and 'doing' and moving forward in a more balanced way. Red is one of my essential healing colours, the colour of feminine power, blood and fertility.

Thank you, my Mich ~ for being so insightful and bringing me this profound, healing gift of vibrancy, balance and power. A message of reassurance. I do love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment