Saturday, March 5, 2011

Love is Green


'Sometimes I imagine colours as if they were living ideas, being of pure reason with which to communicate. Nature is not on the surface, it is deep down.' ~ Paul C├ęzanne

'Green is the fresh emblem of well founded hopes. In blue the spirit can wander, but in green it can rest.' ~ Mary Webb

A beautiful thought from dear Karin G during our healing session yesterday ~ my work with her is always heartfelt, enlightening and insightful ~ gentle yet profound, this session in particular. There was such a sense of peaceful completion, of closure, such deep realisations about this journey.

Her treatment room has double glass doors that frame a living, moving tree-filled 'painting' in a thousand GREENS. Yesterday the doors were flung open to let in the warm afternoon breeze. This openness is new to me, it felt so liberating, echoing my feelings of lightness and newness. Karin and I sat together and looked at all the greens. She said: 'Green is the colour of love ~ as is the heart chakra ~ just as the eye sees a thousand different shades of green that make up a garden, so are there infinite forms, shades, tints and tones of love.' Love is infinite in it's depth, just as there are countless tender new leaves budding on Earth, each in their own unique shade of green. I LOVE this analogy! Green is a growth colour, the colour of newness, of promise. I am entering a new phase of my healing journey through my grieving process. Feeling fully immersed in my grief also simultaneously immerses me in love, as the one cannot exist without the other. I am tuning into my heart chakra energy, feeling it vibrate within and without with each heartbeat and am absorbing all the layers upon layers of endless, beautiful greens that surround me. I am filled with boundless newness and with love, I am saturated in green and it is beautiful!

This reminds me of a moment back in art school, when we were given an assignment in colour theory. We were asked to complete the exercise of mixing one hundred different shades of green in acrylic paint, using only primary colours. I didn't think it was possible! Now I think: only one hundred? I now know that nothing is impossible! Love is green, love is infinite and love heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment