Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Are Here


'Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.' ~ Rossiter Worthington Raymond

'Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains.' ~ Kahlil Gibran

'Give sorrow words;
the grief that does not speak
Whispers the o'er-fraught heart
and bids it break.'
~ William Shakespeare

'She was no longer wrestling with the grief, but could sit down with it as a lasting companion and make it a sharer in her thoughts.' ~ George Eliot

Mom ~ we lost you ten years ago today and it still feels like yesterday! A lifetime in ten years. Today I give myself space to honour you, to celebrate your life and our eternal bond. I followed my instincts and designed a personal ceremony to mark this special day ~ just for you and for me. I planted a beautiful rose bush, blooming with creamy peach roses in my garden in your honour today. Something life-giving that can grow and bloom and remind me of your beauty. Candles and incense are burning for you all day. You are here! I've lost count of the butterflies that have visited me today! I feel you very strongly, there is so much love around me. I am so grateful for all the love and support from the people close to my heart. This is an emotional day, there have been a few tears so far but mostly I feel a calm peacefulness, I am gently seeing myself through this milestone,
tuning into my Being and listening to what I need. I am committed to expressing and working through my grief and not cling to it. I am changing, I am healing! I've come so far. I know you are proud of me, I'm proud of me! You are always part of me. I miss you. I love you so, so much, Mom. With all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment