Wednesday, July 20, 2011

For Merlin


'Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.' ~ Anonymous

'I put down my book: The Meaning of Zen, and see the cat smiling into her fur as she delicately combs it with her rough pink tongue. Cat, I would lend you this book to study but it appears you have already read it. She looks up and gives me her full gaze. Don't be ridiculous, she purrs, I wrote it.' ~ from Miao by Dilys Laing

For sweet Merlin ~ I was honoured to meet you, beautiful noble boy. My wish is that your soul will fly free, that you will rest in peace and return home now. You were greatly loved in this life. Your grace and majesty will never be forgotten.

And to my precious Booneski boy, it's been nine years since I let you go and you are still with me. Hearing of Merlin has made me cry for you, a deep wound newly ripped. I miss you, I loved you well and love you still. Boonie, my angel cat, welcome Merlin for us.

Sending lots of love to you, dear Lisa. I will be with you in spirit tonight during your ceremony for him. What a privilege it is for us to have shared such great love and such deep spiritual connections with these perfect Beings. They creep into our hearts and are forever part of us! My heart goes out to you. x

No comments:

Post a Comment