Monday, July 2, 2012

Trust in the Unfolding


'I once heard Dr. Wayne Dyer say something that stuck with me: when we are impatient we lack trust. We want something inner or outer to happen faster than it's happening because we do not really trust that it will ever happen. I think of this particularly around inner healing, easing of grief after loss, the movement back toward Life after we have been literally or figuratively knocked to the ground. Our culture is enamoured with the myth of the instant fix. But very little in nature ~ particularly repair, healing, growth, gestation, rebirth ~ happens instantly and we (humans) are part of, not outside of the natural world. So, when I feel impatient I look for ways to cultivate trust in the unfolding. It's not about passivity, often we need to find ways to nurture healing, support recovery, foster growth and prepare the way for our rebirth. Pushing and prodding ourselves or others does little to help the process, that's like repeatedly digging up the bulbs underground to see if they are really sprouting. May we cultivate trust and patience so the unfolding can happen.' ~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer

This is not an instant fix but a beautiful, natural process. I continue to practice daily self-compassion, gentleness and patience with my own inner healing, my own unfolding. I am healing my heart and returning to Life one breath at a time. I do this slowly and lovingly, allowing myself to unfold at my own Divine pace, trusting this grieving process and supporting myself fully through it... and I'm embracing Life's timely gift of a new possibility as a way to lighten my Being during this part of the journey. At last I feel that I'm spreading my wings out and facing the sun, allowing it to warm my soul. Enjoying, enjoying this feeling. I'm also practicing patience as this unfolds, trusting Divine guidance. This IS exactly what it is meant to be. I know that I am always, always safe and I am deeply loved, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment